Sunday, March 7, 2010

Salon de l'Agriculture

I went to the Salon de l'Agriculture earlier this week. It's sort of like the state fair in Charlotte's Web, but really really huge. Instead of your typical fairground, the Salon takes place in seven exposition buildings located in a large lot. There was tons of food, drink, fair type animals, the best sandwich I have ever eaten, dogs shows, wares, information on how to go Green, French children etc.

To give you an idea of the Salon's size. This was one floor of one of the seven buildings. Some of the buildings had three floors, while others had two.

I love kouglof!

Delicious spicy mustard.

Hams.

Doughnuts covered in sugar and stuffed with Nutella are very good tasting. Held by Milos. Shared with J. Roll and Milos!

Weirdest looking cheese.

Caramel!

Chocolate!

The best sandwich I have ever eaten, and I have eaten many sandwiches. Contained an amazing white sauce, ham, pancetta, mushrooms, grilled onions, grilled peppers, tomatoes. Graciously modeled by Nate!

The best sandwich ever part II.

The contents of the best sandwich ever simmered in a large bowl similar to this. This was the other sandwich option, but the blood sausage was really strong so I opted against it.

Totally awesome pirate man/butcher. I love him.

Rum bar in the Caribbean section. Also tasted a delicious coconut sorbet in this part of the Salon that they made on the spot.

Big.

Dog show. I prefer them on television.

St. Francis of Assisi Jr.

Going Green. This is what I imagine a garden would look like in the Land of Oz.

Cute! I love lambs!

1 comment:

  1. i could only imagine you at a dog show, harassing the handlers, asking questions like, "what is this crap?" and taking bets on which pup would be "best in show." such a vibrant mental image for me. delicious-looking everything, EVIDEMMENT.

    ReplyDelete