Monday, April 12, 2010

Arrival

I arrived in Seoul and where did I go straight from the airport? Can you guess?

I went to a bakery. What is wrong with me?! In my defense, my mom wanted to go there "to get some bread for breakfast," so I was very much a victim of her gustatory schemes. I've been paranoid about my bread addiction for the past week as I visited my neighborhood boulangerie so many times that on the fifth day my favorite bakery man looked up, saw me and stated, "It's nice to be seeing so much of you lately."

Great, just great. This is coupled with the fact that I tried a bunch of pastries like pain au chocolat aux amandes and caramel éclair because I was leaving Paris for spring break and couldn't bear to deviate from my pâtisserie exploration schedule.


We visited Kim Young Mo bakery and of course the store was packed with samples of everything. Crazed by jet-lag (not really), I darted around packing my cheeks full like a giant squirrel. I loved this doughnut, which was covered in sugar and filled with a cherry-blossom infused red bean paste. It smelled just like the blossoms and tasted great too!


http://www.k-breadshop.com/home_index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment